Promote the pet plate! Letting others know about our plate will increase our sales. The more plates purchased, the more funds will be available for spay/neuter of dogs and cats adopted from animal shelters and nonprofit organizations, or dogs and cats belonging to people with low incomes. We hope to decrease unwanted litters and reduce the 65% euthanasia rate of dogs and cats in shelters and humane societies. Prevention of unwanted litters would also stop the revolving door problem of the puppies and kittens of adopted unsterilized animals ending up back at the shelter doors or on the streets. Fewer animals entering the shelters would also have the benefit of saving taxpayer dollars. Still not convinced? Visit our spay neuter section.
1. Print of a copy of the flier Download a printable version of the Ohio Pet Plate flier and display it in your shelter, humane society, veterinarians office, coffee shop, doggie day care, store window, lobby, bulletin board, or any place where people can see it. Click on either of the fliers below and print them. Flier 1 Flier 2
3. Add our press release to your mailings Add our press release to your newsletter, business mailings, or e-mails. A copy of our press release can be found below. Click here for a printable copy.
4. Contact your local radio stations Ask them to run a Public Service Announcement (send them the press release found below) on the air, on their website, or ask them to tag their traffic and weather reports with the following: "This traffic report brought to you by PetsOhio.com :sound effects: (woof woof,meow meow) Show how Pet friendly you are by getting the pet plate for your car. Visit PetsOhio.com"
"It's raining cats and dogs! Help prevent Ohio's pet overpopulation by buying the Ohio Pet License Plate for your car. Visit PetsOhio.com"
5. Write a letter to the editor Write a letter to the editor of your local paper telling them how the pet friendly plate can help your community. Click here for a sample letter.
6. Volunteer at a festival or parade Download copies of the fliers and pass them out at your local festivals or parades. Flier 1 Flier 2
*8. Order a banner Rescue Groups, Shelters, Humane Societies, or any other groups interested in supporting the Ohio Pet Fund can help us get the word out about the pet plate by purchasing a banner for $89 from Minuteman Press. Just call (614) 792-3399 and ask for Marina or Ken or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them you'd like a 3' x 6' banner (order #30259). You can also have the words on the plate customized to the name or phone number of your organization. Click here to see a picture of the banner